Volunteers BOUM! with us!
Get involved in culture, expose to new experiences, meet new people, learn the secrets of new technologies and contemporary theater – volunteer at BOUM! and become part of our team!
HOW CAN I BE INVOLVED?
WHICH VOLUNTEER POSITIONS ARE OFFERED?
– Electronics and technology: technical assistance with digital technology, preparation and setup of equipment, light fixtures and speakers, connection of various technical and digital devices to the grid, control and management of sound and lighting consoles
– Documentation: assistance in documenting events (photo / video / audio)
– PR, marketing and advertising: help with posting content on social networks, website, distribution of promotional materials (posters, leaflets, etc.)
– Customer Relationships: receiving an audience, giving information before and during the event, selling and controlling tickets at the entrance
– Graphic Design: help with designing promotional materials
– Proofreading and editing of text: text editing before publishing and if possible text translation into English
WHAT IS EXPECTED PRIOR TO VOLUNTEERING?
– Orientation and acquaintance with the work of the organization and meeting with all the people involved in the work of the organization
– Acquaintance with technical equipment and all the technologies, hardware, software, etc. used.
– Demonstration of the aforementioned tasks and practice with them
– Attendance at production meetings
– Support and tutoring, by a responsible person, according to the type of work in question
WHAT ARE MY OBLIGATIONS AS A VOLUNTEER?
– Performing the agreed tasks, reporting on the specific issues concerning the work, possibly at production meetings
– Keeping a monthly record of worked hours
– If it is a technical job, responsibly in handling equipment and tools
WHAT IS VOLUNTEER'S WORKING TIME?
– Several times a year, according to respective arrangements, depending on the availability of volunteers and the needs of the organization, before and during cultural events (premieres, exhibitions, trainings), and during rehearsals if technical requirements are involved
– Mainly in the afternoon and evening
SHOULD I HAVE SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS?
– Basic knowledge of working on a computer is desirable
– Enthusiasm, interest, desire to learn and socialize, and responsibility at work
– Basic knowledge and experience in handling modern technology (video cameras, photo cameras, etc.) is desirable for certain positions
WHAT DO I GET VOLUNTEERING AT BOUM!?
– Gaining knowledge and experience in specific working areas, getting acquainted with the interdisciplinary work and methodology of BOUM!, meeting new people, working in a dynamic and stimulating atmosphere
– Free tickets to BOUM! shows
– Free participation in BOUM! trainings and workshops
– Certificate of acquired competences
– Special thanks and credits on the organization’s website and in the event programs + a personal thank you note
– Invitations to events, gatherings and team-building at the organization
As far as requested by a volunteer, a contract may be signed.